Erik Kneisel's MMG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Strategy moving forward

5 posters

Go down

Strategy moving forward Empty Strategy moving forward

Post by The Librarian Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:51 pm

Didn't want to clutter up the alibi topic, so here's a new one. The comment from the jailor seems concerning to me. I suspect that he is a blocker role and he is looking for the Nursemaid to confirm his role. Nursemaid, be careful with what you say when you post your results. It may be safest to claim that you were blocked, and if the Jailor is not in fact a blocker there is still the possibility you were blocked by someone else.

This is a bit in advance, but my Night 2 results will be "Of x, y, and z, at least one is evil." I want to put two townspeople on that list to force them to talk and have the third be an inactive person in the hopes of getting them lynched. I'd appreciate anyone's thoughts on who exactly these people should be. No rush, as we have until tomorrow night before the second night move.
The Librarian
The Librarian

The Nursemaid likes this post

Back to top Go down

Strategy moving forward Empty Re: Strategy moving forward

Post by The Shoemaker Sat Apr 29, 2023 11:28 pm

It’s possible either they’re a blocker or a tracker and saw that you didn’t move. So for sure you should say that you got blocked either way. And what I think we should do is have you move tonight. The poison doesn’t enact immediately, so if they are tracking you they would see that you visited someone but they didn’t die, potentially clearing you. Other suspicions will get thrown around in the meantime, and when the poison acts it will be chaos, so I think that would be best way to clear any current suspicions and maybe even give you a fake clear.
The Shoemaker
The Shoemaker

Back to top Go down

Post by The Shoemaker Sat Apr 29, 2023 11:33 pm

Also I am lightly worried about the priest, their post makes me think they might have a lead, so I’d say we poison them. Also the hunter but I don’t have any reason other than pure vibes (they bought a new pair of boots and we’re very rude about them not fitting exactly right)
The Shoemaker
The Shoemaker

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nursemaid Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:35 am

Yeah I am good with that. I think poisoning will be a good idea, especially with the fact that it waits a whole night for it to be done
The Nursemaid
The Nursemaid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Librarian Sun Apr 30, 2023 1:01 am

The priest and monk could be an investigator pair, but maybe that's reading into our names too closely. There aren't many information roles that operate on a delay. The priest could be a medium I suppose, but I'm not sure what he would expect to hear from the Tailor. It's also possible that his message was just flavor.
The Librarian
The Librarian

Back to top Go down

Post by The Librarian Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:14 am

Does anyone remember how poison worked in past rounds? If the person is informed when they are poisoned it would potentially ruin our plans. If the Jailer is a blocker, it's also possible that they block the Nursemaid again.

As an aside, I strongly suspect that the Reporter is a Tracker and they saw that the Woodcarver did not move. If they saw the Woodcarver visit anyone, that would be enough to clear him immediately.
The Librarian
The Librarian

Back to top Go down

Post by The Youngling Sun Apr 30, 2023 5:37 pm

It's been a while- are we allowed to move around without killing anyone? Like do a fake out?
The Youngling
The Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by The Youngling Sun Apr 30, 2023 5:46 pm

Another thought- if we really want to put suspicion off of the nursemaid, we target someone one night, no one dies, and then we don't do a second target on the next night so only one person dies and no one is seen walking around that night. If 2 people die during one night then everyone will think something fishy's going on.
The Youngling
The Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mayor Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:09 pm

No fake outs!
The Mayor
The Mayor
Admin

https://ekneisel.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Librarian Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:16 pm

Are we allowed to all stay in our rooms and not kill anyone for the night? I understand we cannot visit someone without performing a move on that person, but is waiting allowed?
The Librarian
The Librarian

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mayor Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:48 pm

Yes, you can purposefully not kill tonight
The Mayor
The Mayor
Admin

https://ekneisel.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Librarian Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:04 pm

Thanks for the clarification. It does not make sense for us to abstain tonight, but maybe a future night we may consider it.
The Librarian
The Librarian

Back to top Go down

Post by The Youngling Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:10 pm

Using a no-kill night in combo with nursemaid will really throw people off, but I agree not for tonight
The Youngling
The Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by The Librarian Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:58 pm

My three people for my results are going to be Butcher, Drunk, and Hunter unless someone wants to force a reveal on a specific person. The only people who have given information are me, the Reporter, and partially the Jailer. Either way, things are about to get exciting.
The Librarian
The Librarian

Back to top Go down

Post by The Librarian Sun Apr 30, 2023 10:22 pm

The first shots have been fired. Even if this backfires horribly, I hope that my story will be one worth writing about.
The Librarian
The Librarian

Back to top Go down

Post by The Shoemaker Sun Apr 30, 2023 10:41 pm

As much as it’s a SUPER risky play, honestly it might just cause enough chaos and suspicions that a lot of us just go ignored. You’re a true savior to this down *salutes*
The Shoemaker
The Shoemaker

Back to top Go down

Post by The Librarian Sun Apr 30, 2023 10:49 pm

This was pretty much inevitable as soon as I decided what my fake claim would be. The role is actually supposed to give you a guilty person on odd nights but I thought that would be way too much for Day 1.
The Librarian
The Librarian

Back to top Go down

Post by The Librarian Mon May 01, 2023 2:37 pm

I appear to have gained the townspeople’s trust for now. The Butcher, Hunter, and Drunk should be off limits for this next kill, but if we want one of them gone we could poison tonight and kill one of them tomorrow night. It would not make sense for the killers to go after those three, but on the contrary a vigilante would have a fair motive to kill them.
The Librarian
The Librarian

Back to top Go down

Post by The Youngling Mon May 01, 2023 5:48 pm

I will not be able to participate much over the next few days due to my work schedule. I will say, however, that keeping people not suspicious of murder methods for as long as possible is key. I feel like as soon as something like fire, bitten, or weird poison shows up, people may start looking into that.
The Youngling
The Youngling

The Librarian likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Shoemaker Tue May 02, 2023 12:39 am

I think that perhaps tomorrow’s attack should be against the Aristocrat. Aside from just being a pompous rich brat, they mentioned that they moved “on themself” which could mean either a protector or healer, either way that’s something that could really ruin our plans. But we shouldn’t use the poison then, and I agree that it’s best to keep that potential ace a secret for now.
The Shoemaker
The Shoemaker

Back to top Go down

Post by The Librarian Tue May 02, 2023 10:34 am

I believe the Aristocrat has said only that he moved night one and did not move night two. Perhaps you mean the Hunter? It’s strange because several people are reading blocker or protector to me. I still believe we should hold off on the Hunter or Drunk for at least one night.
The Librarian
The Librarian

Back to top Go down

Post by The Shoemaker Tue May 02, 2023 3:35 pm

You’re absolutely right, sorry, the quoting thing they used really messed my brain up. I think I used a little too much glue in the sole of that shoe if you catch my drift.
The Shoemaker
The Shoemaker

Back to top Go down

Post by The Librarian Tue May 02, 2023 10:48 pm

I'm trying to keep my behavior on the main board as consistent as possible. It may bite if/when I get blocked, but maybe I will be able to play it off.
The Librarian
The Librarian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down