Erik Kneisel's MMG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If you really want to know why I did what I did...

Go down

If you really want to know why I did what I did... Empty If you really want to know why I did what I did...

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:54 am

The game is about conflict. It is about discerning truth from lies, and turning lies into truth. It is not the innocents who drive the story, it is the murderers. They are the ones who determine the quality of the round.

That wasn't happening this time. When Flash put the pieces together (and I will argue what I feel to be evidence-based vs assumption-based elsewhere), there was no counter-argument. There was no attempt, aside from Yosef's vigilante assertion (which SHOULD have been supported by some of his team), to offset the claim. With no opposition, the game was essentially over. It still COULD have been a well-conceived plot from a murder team, but we have not seen that level of coordination in our MMGs to date. So of course it was true.

How boring, if that ended the game.

So I offered the murderers an alternative. I handed them speaking points, hoping beyond hope that someone would pick up the ball and offer something. The real reason I banished Flash was to give Swoop the chance to say ANYTHING on the MAC board. Nothing happened.

With murderers going silent, the game was truly over. There would have been a couple posts a day about who to lynch next, who is blocking whom. Yawn. So I kept the possible but unlikely theories going to keep discussion lively. An MMG that lasts four Day Cycles falls short of expectations. Especially considering the amount of work our gamemaster had to put into creating the round.

Going forward, I suggest that the murder team be given a head start. Accounts go out on (say) Monday. Murderers are given their roles and private board immediately. Everyone else gets their roles Wednesday and first night moves are Friday. Give the murderers some time to hatch a plan, figure alibis for items, work to get things ready. It's how evil schemes are formed in real life, after all.

Also, perhaps the murderers should get to know the roles of their victims. Make it easier to assume those roles, which could still be disproven through evidence. Until we get better at being murder teams, balance the scales a bit.

Back to top Go down

If you really want to know why I did what I did... Empty Re: If you really want to know why I did what I did...

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:37 am

I GET WHAT YOU'RE SAYING. BESIDES THE MURDERERS BEING QUIET. THEY ALSO HAD THE BAD LUCK OF BEING FOUND OUT BY ROLES VERY QUICKLY, BUT THAT'S JUST SOME BAD LUCK

Back to top Go down

If you really want to know why I did what I did... Empty Re: If you really want to know why I did what I did...

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:16 am

okay if that's the case then thank you for banishing me LOL
i would have loved to see swoop yosef and buster actually speak

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:20 am

Flash I had to keep conflict between us (which you do very well) so MAYBE they would think they had an ally.

Never materialized.

That said, I never did have tangible evidence to put myself into your circle of trust.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:22 am

Rufus wrote:Flash I had to keep conflict between us (which you do very well)

LMAO SHOULD I TAKE THAT AS A COMPLIMENT OR AN ATTACK

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:53 am

The ultimate mastermind award goes to Rufus! Thanks for keeping the game interesting!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:40 pm

Flash wrote:LMAO SHOULD I TAKE THAT AS A COMPLIMENT OR AN ATTACK

It's an attacliment!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:56 pm

oh that word is a thousand percent going into my vocabulary

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum